Construction contracts anticipate change because construction plans and specifications cannot perfectly represent the reality of field conditions. Differences between as-bid and as-built project constraints always arise. The problem is, if you do not recognize changes, notify the project’s owner of them, and properly document them, their cost and consequential damage to your operations will come out of your pocket – instead of contributing greatly to your bottom line.
This one-day in-house training session at your facilities provides you the know-how and the tools needed to properly handle job contract management. It was created specifically for construction companies in the infrastructure construction industry, particularly those in the highway, bridge, pipeline, underground utility, oil field construction services and site work segments.
This training session introduces you the principles and best practices of construction contract management.
- General Principles
- Business Framework
- Project Constraints
- Contract Administration
- Contract Document Set
- Key Rules Contract Administration
- Cautionary Contract Provisions
- Breach of Contract
- Change Handling
- Changes Clause
- Contract Change Provisions
- Types of Changes
- Contract Errors
- Essential Change Management Process
- Claim Handling
- Owner-Contractor Conflict Basis
- Key Risk Shifting Provisions
- Legal Basis of Impact Recovery
- Key Rules of Adjudication
- Recoverable Damages
- Claim Categories
- Change of Condition Claims
- Change of Scope Claims
- Delay/Acceleration Claims
- Essential Claims Handling Process
To enable you to proceed immediately with the implementation of the best practices introduced during training, you will receive copies of the Core Process Maps presented during training. They graphically illustrate:
- What core tasks must be performed in each stage.
- The responsible role for each task.
- The order in which tasks should be performed.
- The tools needed.
If you elect to purchase them separately, you can also receive any of our advanced contract management tool in our Document Library, including:
- Checklist – Cautionary Contract Provisions
- Checklist – Change Order Administration
- Checklist – Claim Documentation
- Checklist – Claim Package Outline
- Checklist – Common Claim Mix
- Checklist – Damages by Bid Price Structure